2008 Mazda Mazda5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Mazda Mazda5
- Rattling From Front Suspension Due to Worn Sway Bar Bushings
- Defective Engine Mount May Cause Excessive Vibration/Noise
- Check Engine Light/Trouble Code Due to Stuck Open Thermostat
- Rattle From Rear Suspension Due to Loose Stabilizer Bar Links
- Updating PCM Software Will Help Problem With Stalling Under Light Acceleration
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2008 Mazda Mazda5 Problems
Rattling noises from the front suspension while driving over rough roads can be caused by defective front sway bar bushings. Replacing the bushings with the updated design is a common repair.
On some models, excessive engine vibration or knocking noises heard while the engine is idling, being started or switched off are usually caused by a defective engine mount at the top right side of the engine. A redesigned engine mount is available to alleviate this problem.
Some vehicles may experience Check Engine Light illumination with a trouble code indicating the thermostat is stuck open. The thermostat will need to be replaced with a modified one and there is a software update for the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).
2008 Mazda Mazda5 Questions
AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS THE LICENSE PLATE BUT NOW I THINK IT IS UNDERNEATH. CAN I FIX THIS MYSELF?
Every time the weather turns cold the side van doors freeze shut
When in reverse only the rear breaks make a hard grinding rubbing noise. The dealers says breaks ok. But still not acceptable. Mileage 85000 km. 4years same brakes
2008 Mazda Mazda5 Recalls
Mazda is recalling 2007–2009 Mazda 3 and Mazda 5 vehicles due to a sudden loss of power steering assist that can occur at any time. A sudden loss of power steering assist adversely affects the driver's ability to steer the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. Starting in September 2010, Mazda will mail notification letters to owners with information about the recall.
2008 Mazda Mazda5 Reviews
Van functionality with car handling. Consistently get 27+ mpg. Will suite our family of 4 for years. Comfortable ride and relatively quiet on the highway. Has plenty of pep. If you need more go, just push the pedal harder. Haha. 4 cylinders don't have much torque, but do perform well when revved up, so don't be afraid of using the gas pedal.
Wonderful vehicle: Handles beautifully, stops on a dime. Very good mileage and very flexible interior. Completely reliable - never a serious problem in 40.000 miles.