2002 Mazda B4000 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mazda B4000
- Truck chimes don't stop. Hear a set of 5 chimes in a series, repeated 4 times.
- At what speed does the ABS system engage on a B4000 PU?
- Anyone experience ABS Pump failure?
- Do the Mazda B4000 and Ford Ranger have the same tranny?
- rubber gone on one side sway bar. Is this a difficult repair problem. Can I fix
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Mazda B4000 Problems
Water intrusion into a connector (X309) located under the cab, beneath the driver's seat, can cause a rough idle, erratic speedometer operation, ABS Light and Check Engine Light illumination, and automatic transmission shifting problems. If needed, connector repair parts are available from Mazda dealers, and possibly some Ford dealers.
If the engine cranks but does not start, it may be caused by a tripped inertia switch. Switch the key to "ON" and the fuel pump should be heard running for a second or two. Listen at the gas filler if necessary. The inertia switch is located on the firewall and can be tripped when the parking brake is set too hard and then released. The inertia switch should be reset, and will click when it is reset.
The engine may fail to start due to an electrically shorted sensor. Some of the sensors may internally short and not blow any fuses. A technician may find no spark and no operation of the fuel injectors in the diagnosis. One way a technician may isolate the defective sensor is by disconnecting sensors one by one to see if the engine starts.
2002 Mazda B4000 Questions
Truck chimes don't stop. Hear a set of 5 chimes in a series, repeated 4 times. This happens when we start the truck. Then stops. Randomly repeats same sequences every 20 minutes or hour...No door ajax light and seat belts are tied. No other indicater light/warning on the dash.
I have been told the ABS system does not activate below 10mph. Can someone clear this up?
When I brake easy, it goes to "mush" and pulls to the right. Mechanic says it's the ABS pump. Is this a common problem?