2000 Mazda B4000 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Mazda B4000
- i was driving on the interstate and i lost all power still running but no power
- I have a 2000 Mazda b4000 4x4. Lately it has been almost choking itself out.
- cigarette lighter fuse blown, need to locate proper fuse to replace it
- power windows and speedometre not working is this a fuse issue
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Mazda B4000 Problems
Water intrusion into a connector (X309) located under the cab, beneath the driver's seat, can cause a rough idle, erratic speedometer operation, ABS Light and Check Engine Light illumination, and automatic transmission shifting problems. If needed, connector repair parts are available from Mazda dealers, and possibly some Ford dealers.
If the engine cranks but does not start, it may be caused by a tripped inertia switch. Switch the key to "ON" and the fuel pump should be heard running for a second or two. Listen at the gas filler if necessary. The inertia switch is located on the firewall and can be tripped when the parking brake is set too hard and then released. The inertia switch should be reset, and will click when it is reset.
The engine may fail to start due to an electrically shorted sensor. Some of the sensors may internally short and not blow any fuses. A technician may find no spark and no operation of the fuel injectors in the diagnosis. One way a technician may isolate the defective sensor is by disconnecting sensors one by one to see if the engine starts.
2000 Mazda B4000 Questions
If I try to go at a steady speed it will start choking. When it happens I pin the gas and it will stop till I try to get speed or go at a steady speed. I feel it on the gas. It doesn't do it all the time but is becoming more and more. I have cleaned my mass air flow sensor, changed my vacuum ...
fuse box shows numbers, dont know what numbers stand for, can you help?
Last night the windows and speedometer were working fine woke up this morning and no speedometer reading and windows not working how do i tell if a fuse is blown .
2000 Mazda B4000 Recalls
The buckles may not be heat treated properly. As a result, the occupant may not be properly restrained. Dealers will inspect and replace affected seat belt buckles.
Ford has recalled Firestone Wilderness AT and Radial ATX tires installed on multiple lines of Ford trucks from 1991 to 2000. On some tires, under extreme conditions, the tread could separate, which can cause immediate tire failure. This may lead to a loss of vehicle control, injury, and death. Dealers replaced the affected tires.