1996 Mazda B4000 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mazda B4000
- when i you quickly throttle it won't accelerate and backfires thru intake?
- after everything I replaced , what else could be causing my misfire on the #2
- I need advice on how to reset the engine light
- radio dead in '96 B4000
- WHERE IS THE FUSE FOR BACKUP LIGHTS ON DRIVERS SIDE FUSE PANEL I HAVE NO DIAGRAM
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Mazda B4000 Problems
If the engine cranks but does not start, it may be caused by a tripped inertia switch. Switch the key to "ON" and the fuel pump should be heard running for a second or two. Listen at the gas filler if necessary. The inertia switch is located on the firewall and can be tripped when the parking brake is set too hard and then released. The inertia switch should be reset, and will click when it is reset.
Water intrusion into a connector (X309) located under the cab, beneath the driver's seat, can cause a rough idle, erratic speedometer operation, ABS Light and Check Engine Light illumination, and automatic transmission shifting problems. If needed, connector repair parts are available from Mazda dealers, and possibly some Ford dealers.
The engine may fail to start due to an electrically shorted sensor. Some of the sensors may internally short and not blow any fuses. A technician may find no spark and no operation of the fuel injectors in the diagnosis. One way a technician may isolate the defective sensor is by disconnecting sensors one by one to see if the engine starts.
1996 Mazda B4000 Questions
The scanner code P0320. Already replaced timing belt CKP and CMP sensors plug wires and spark plugs.
I have replaced the spark plug, spark plug wires , coil pack and fuel injector. but my scanner still detects a missfire on the number 2 cylinder. What else could it be.
Is there any advice on how to rest the engine light on a mazda truck
1996 Mazda B4000 Recalls
Ford has recalled Firestone Wilderness AT and Radial ATX tires installed on multiple lines of Ford trucks from 1991 to 2000. On some tires, under extreme conditions, the tread could separate, which can cause immediate tire failure. This may lead to a loss of vehicle control, injury, and death. Dealers replaced the affected tires.