1995 Mazda B4000 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Mazda B4000
- My truck will die when I come to a stop (Rpms) drop. What's wrong?
- Power loss. Installed new catalytic converter but still have power loss. Why?
- On my 95 b4000 4x4, the 4wd is not working, what aren't troubleshooting steps?
- how do you get to the left side spark plugs
- how do i get too the left side spark plugs ?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1995 Mazda B4000 Problems
Water intrusion into a connector (X309) located under the cab, beneath the driver's seat, can cause a rough idle, erratic speedometer operation, ABS Light and Check Engine Light illumination, and automatic transmission shifting problems. If needed, connector repair parts are available from Mazda dealers, and possibly some Ford dealers.
If the engine cranks but does not start, it may be caused by a tripped inertia switch. Switch the key to "ON" and the fuel pump should be heard running for a second or two. Listen at the gas filler if necessary. The inertia switch is located on the firewall and can be tripped when the parking brake is set too hard and then released. The inertia switch should be reset, and will click when it is reset.
The engine may fail to start due to an electrically shorted sensor. Some of the sensors may internally short and not blow any fuses. A technician may find no spark and no operation of the fuel injectors in the diagnosis. One way a technician may isolate the defective sensor is by disconnecting sensors one by one to see if the engine starts.
1995 Mazda B4000 Questions
When I come to a complete stop it starts idol n awful and then dies. I have to put it in neutral and keep my foot on the gas and put down into drive to keep it going. It seems fine when I'm driving and the Rpms are high. Just replaced the starter, the alternator checked out fine.At first it ...
Was experiencing power failure so I replaced the converter. I still have power loss. Can't make it up an incline.
When switched on dashboard, 4x4 indicator lights come on and I hear an solid click from the transfer case area. However the hubs do not seem to lock in. I have cleaned and inspected the hubs. They do not seem to be damaged. What are my next troubleshooting steps?
1995 Mazda B4000 Recalls
Ford has recalled Firestone Wilderness AT and Radial ATX tires installed on multiple lines of Ford trucks from 1991 to 2000. On some tires, under extreme conditions, the tread could separate, which can cause immediate tire failure. This may lead to a loss of vehicle control, injury, and death. Dealers replaced the affected tires.