2006 Mazda B3000 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Mazda B3000
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2006 Mazda B3000 Problems
Water intrusion into a connector located under the cab, beneath the driver's seat, can cause a rough idle, erratic speedometer operation, ABS Light and Check Engine Light illumination, and automatic transmission shifting problems. If needed, connector repair parts are available from Mazda dealers, and possibly some Ford dealers.
The Check Engine Light may come on and the engine will run poorly. During diagnosis the technician may find a trouble code for the Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP), P0340. It is recommended to check the CMP driveshaft for looseness in the housing because if the shaft is loose, a new sensor will be damaged again. If the shaft has play, the CMP sensor and housing unit will need to be replaced. Our technicians recommend using the factory type timing tool for the replacement procedure.
A dirty, or contaminated mass airflow (MAF) sensor can cause the engine to run poorly. There may be a Check Engine Light with trouble codes relating to the MAF sensor, P0102 and/or P0103. In some cases, carefully cleaning the sensor element will fix the problem, but replacement may be required.
2006 Mazda B3000 Questions
I accidently touched the starter electrical contact with my metal oil filter wrench and it arched. I replaced the starter relay but there is still no power to the starter, engine will not crank over. I think I tripped the security lock out and would like to know how to reset the security system ...
2006 Mazda B3000 Recalls
The windshield wiper may have been produced without grease applied to the output shaft gear. After a period of continuous use on the high speed setting, this lack of grease could cause the gear teeth to distort or fracture, resulting in the loss of wiper function. An inoperative wiper during inclement weather conditions could cause a crash due to impaired visibility. Dealers will inspect the wiper motor for the presence of grease. Grease will be applied to the wiper motor gears if necessary. The Mazda recall number is 3705K.