2002 Mazda B3000 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mazda B3000
- How can I unlock my door; the key or fob won't work?
- My truck stopped working for no reason. I get a pats code 1 1 how do I fix it.
- truck has a hesitation when accelerating plus check engine light on.
- what would cause 3.0 motor to randomly squeak while idling hot or cold
- why does 3.0 motor randomly squeak when idling either cold or hot. noise sounds like it comes from front dead center of motor
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2002 Mazda B3000 Problems
Water intrusion into a connector located under the cab, beneath the driver's seat, can cause a rough idle, erratic speedometer operation, ABS Light and Check Engine Light illumination, and automatic transmission shifting problems. If needed, connector repair parts are available from Mazda dealers, and possibly some Ford dealers.
The Check Engine Light may come on and the engine will run poorly. During diagnosis the technician may find a trouble code for the Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP), P0340. It is recommended to check the CMP driveshaft for looseness in the housing because if the shaft is loose, a new sensor will be damaged again. If the shaft has play, the CMP sensor and housing unit will need to be replaced. Our technicians recommend using the factory type timing tool for the replacement procedure.
A dirty, or contaminated mass airflow (MAF) sensor can cause the engine to run poorly. There may be a Check Engine Light with trouble codes relating to the MAF sensor, P0102 and/or P0103. In some cases, carefully cleaning the sensor element will fix the problem, but replacement may be required.
2002 Mazda B3000 Questions
I just received my truck back after getting a new engine and transmission. The fob was not working, but the shop said that it just needs to be reprogrammed by putting the key in the ignition and turning it on and off 8 times within 10 seconds, leaving it on run, then pressing the lock button on t...
Starts fine, runs smooth only hesitates at under 45 mph or like in 4th gear or overdrive, other than that runs fine
I tried to change the crankshaft synchronizer and the camshaft positioning sensor and it still squeaks the same if not a little more . think it might be the idler pulley or possibly but hoping not my harmonic balancer