2002 Mazda B3000 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mazda B3000
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2002 Mazda B3000 Problems
Water intrusion into a connector located under the cab, beneath the driver's seat, can cause a rough idle, erratic speedometer operation, ABS Light and Check Engine Light illumination, and automatic transmission shifting problems. If needed, connector repair parts are available from Mazda dealers, and possibly some Ford dealers.
The Check Engine Light may come on and the engine will run poorly. During diagnosis the technician may find a trouble code for the Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP), P0340. It is recommended to check the CMP driveshaft for looseness in the housing because if the shaft is loose, a new sensor will be damaged again. If the shaft has play, the CMP sensor and housing unit will need to be replaced. Our technicians recommend using the factory type timing tool for the replacement procedure.
A dirty, or contaminated mass airflow (MAF) sensor can cause the engine to run poorly. There may be a Check Engine Light with trouble codes relating to the MAF sensor, P0102 and/or P0103. In some cases, carefully cleaning the sensor element will fix the problem, but replacement may be required.
2002 Mazda B3000 Questions
Parted the Mazda B3000 Sat. at noon it ran great. Got in it today Tues. and on acceleration I noticed a skip and lack of power. Now we did have a lot of rain Sun. and Mon. and truck was out side?????