2000 Mazda B3000 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Mazda B3000
- my Mazda truck does nothing when I turn the key. No dash lights no radio
- How can I diagnose why my tuck won't start?
- will a 2000 mazda b3000 motor able to be interchangeable with a 1995 year motor
- Why truck heat will not warm up?
- Y truck keeps blowing a fuse. It starts blows fuse and dies. (Fuel pump?)
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Mazda B3000 Problems
Water intrusion into a connector located under the cab, beneath the driver's seat, can cause a rough idle, erratic speedometer operation, ABS Light and Check Engine Light illumination, and automatic transmission shifting problems. If needed, connector repair parts are available from Mazda dealers, and possibly some Ford dealers.
The Check Engine Light may come on and the engine will run poorly. During diagnosis the technician may find a trouble code for the Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP), P0340. It is recommended to check the CMP driveshaft for looseness in the housing because if the shaft is loose, a new sensor will be damaged again. If the shaft has play, the CMP sensor and housing unit will need to be replaced. Our technicians recommend using the factory type timing tool for the replacement procedure.
A dirty, or contaminated mass airflow (MAF) sensor can cause the engine to run poorly. There may be a Check Engine Light with trouble codes relating to the MAF sensor, P0102 and/or P0103. In some cases, carefully cleaning the sensor element will fix the problem, but replacement may be required.
2000 Mazda B3000 Questions
The battery is hot, headlights work, inside lights work. there is no no sounds from the starter. Someone said the ignition switch is bad.
both motors are from a b3000
Had a small hole in small hose running from thermostat housing to tee in lower radiator hose.Since replacing this hose the heater temp in cab is slightly warm and the temp gauge in dash reads cold.does not appear to be an air lock and have replaced the temp sender.Also what is this small hose for?
2000 Mazda B3000 Recalls
The buckles may not be heat treated properly. As a result, the occupant may not be properly restrained. Dealers will inspect and replace affected seat belt buckles.
Ford has recalled Firestone Wilderness AT and Radial ATX tires installed on multiple lines of Ford trucks from 1991 to 2000. On some tires, under extreme conditions, the tread could separate, which can cause immediate tire failure. This may lead to a loss of vehicle control, injury, and death. Dealers replaced the affected tires.
2000 Mazda B3000 Reviews
Best pick up to have!!
Well i have a Mazda B3000 Year 2000 bought it new as of today it has 289000 and it runs great. Most of the truck still original other than the alternator battery brakes and shocks i did burn a ECM at about 150000 miles got it replaced with one from a junkyard, it gives me a good mpg on the hwy. but it also helps that i drive like a grandmother but if there is no rushed why speed? im very hap...
Bought this truck new in 2000. I now have 165000 miles on it and it runs most excellent. Been through eleven Minnesota winters and still looks good.