1999 Mazda B3000 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mazda B3000
- My 4wheel drive is stuck on and won't go back to 2wheel.What can I do to fix?
- A electric plug pulling from around my battery case. Where does it plug in?
- how much would it cost to replace my muffler?
- Truck not engaging in 4 wheel drive.
- need to replace the heater blower resistor. Behind glove box, but where?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1999 Mazda B3000 Problems
Water intrusion into a connector located under the cab, beneath the driver's seat, can cause a rough idle, erratic speedometer operation, ABS Light and Check Engine Light illumination, and automatic transmission shifting problems. If needed, connector repair parts are available from Mazda dealers, and possibly some Ford dealers.
The Check Engine Light may come on and the engine will run poorly. During diagnosis the technician may find a trouble code for the Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP), P0340. It is recommended to check the CMP driveshaft for looseness in the housing because if the shaft is loose, a new sensor will be damaged again. If the shaft has play, the CMP sensor and housing unit will need to be replaced. Our technicians recommend using the factory type timing tool for the replacement procedure.
A dirty, or contaminated mass airflow (MAF) sensor can cause the engine to run poorly. There may be a Check Engine Light with trouble codes relating to the MAF sensor, P0102 and/or P0103. In some cases, carefully cleaning the sensor element will fix the problem, but replacement may be required.
1999 Mazda B3000 Questions
Dash light comes on indicating 4 wheel drive has been activated, but it is not in 4 wheel drive. Truck runs fine in normal 2 wheel drive. What could be the reason?
Any pictures of what to look for would help
The indicator lights are flashing 4 high and 4 low at the same time
1999 Mazda B3000 Recalls
Ford has recalled Firestone Wilderness AT and Radial ATX tires installed on multiple lines of Ford trucks from 1991 to 2000. On some tires, under extreme conditions, the tread could separate, which can cause immediate tire failure. This may lead to a loss of vehicle control, injury, and death. Dealers replaced the affected tires.
1999 Mazda B3000 Reviews
i bought my 1999 Mazda B3000 Cab Plus 4 Troy Lee in may of last year.... so far this truck has proved itself 10 times over.... it is dark green and had some hail dents in the hood and top, but since i live in oklahoma of course there r a lot of hail storms come thru here and after one particularly bad hail storm a couple months ago,, it now has a whole new hood and is lookin great... it had 61,...
We bought this truck off the showroom floor. It has 120,000 miles on it and we have had no trouble whatsoever with it. Besides a couple of minor recalls that were fixed immediately and at no cost to us, we have been extremely happy with this vehicle. For a few years it was our "family car" and was driven exclusively. For the last several years it has been my husband's commuter vehicle.
Awesome Truck (Troy Lee 2WD). Bought new, now have 240,000 miles still running strong. Regular maintenance and that's about it. As a previous review has said, "this truck owes me nothing." I only wish this truck was still being manufactured, there will come a day when Troy Lee will need to RIP and I have no idea what I will get in its place. Test drove Nissan Frontier and was not "thrilled...