2009 Mazda B2300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Mazda B2300
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2009 Mazda B2300 Problems
If the engine cranks but does not start, it may be caused by a tripped inertia switch. Switch the key to "ON" and the fuel pump should be heard running for a second or two. Listen at the gas filler if necessary. The inertia switch is located on the firewall and can be tripped when the parking brake is set too hard and then released. The inertia switch should be reset, and will click when it is reset.
A dirty, or contaminated mass airflow (MAF) sensor can cause the engine to run poorly. There may be a Check Engine Light with trouble codes relating to the MAF sensor. In some cases, carefully cleaning the sensor element will fix the problem, but replacement may be required.
The engine may fail to start due to an electrically shorted sensor. Some of the sensors may internally short and not blow any fuses. A technician may find no spark and no operation of the fuel injectors in the diagnosis. One way a technician may isolate the defective sensor is by disconnecting sensors one by one to see if the engine starts.
2009 Mazda B2300 Questions
When running at 60 t0 65 MPH the Speedometer Needle will start to go down eventually ending up at 0 MPH. I am able to monitor the speed by watching the Tachometer. Does anyone know why this is happening? The local dealer does not believe that this is happening as it does not happen when the tr...
2009 Mazda B2300 Recalls
The front spindle stem may crack due to a manufacturing defect. If the spindle stem fractures, the wheel may come off the axle. Steering may be compromised, increasing the risk of a crash. The recall began on February 9, 2009. The Mazda recall number is 5109A.