1997 Mazda B2300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Mazda B2300
- smell fuel near drivers door,and i hear a whisle sound while driving,
- 1997 mazda b2300 pickup blowing oil out from somewhere during extreme cold.
- What is the best way to get to the eight spark plugs on my 1997 mazda b2300 truc
- What causes the interior light to remain on when I shut the door.
- cranks runs then dies wont restart
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Mazda B2300 Problems
If the engine cranks but does not start, it may be caused by a tripped inertia switch. Switch the key to "ON" and the fuel pump should be heard running for a second or two. Listen at the gas filler if necessary. The inertia switch is located on the firewall and can be tripped when the parking brake is set too hard and then released. The inertia switch should be reset, and will click when it is reset.
A dirty, or contaminated mass airflow (MAF) sensor can cause the engine to run poorly. There may be a Check Engine Light with trouble codes relating to the MAF sensor. In some cases, carefully cleaning the sensor element will fix the problem, but replacement may be required.
The engine may fail to start due to an electrically shorted sensor. Some of the sensors may internally short and not blow any fuses. A technician may find no spark and no operation of the fuel injectors in the diagnosis. One way a technician may isolate the defective sensor is by disconnecting sensors one by one to see if the engine starts.
1997 Mazda B2300 Questions
aolso do you no how much it will cost to put shocks in
Where is oil blowing out of during extreme cold weather? I can not tell where it is coming from. Fan pulley was not turning when I went out to warm up truck. I shut truck off and restarted it and the pulley began to turn. On the way to work radiator heater hose busted and oil began to blow out fr...
The truck has 2 coil packs and eight plug wires.
1997 Mazda B2300 Recalls
Ford has recalled Firestone Wilderness AT and Radial ATX tires installed on multiple lines of Ford trucks from 1991 to 2000. On some tires, under extreme conditions, the tread could separate, which can cause immediate tire failure. This may lead to a loss of vehicle control, injury, and death. Dealers replaced the affected tires.