1996 Mazda B2300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mazda B2300
- What would cause a new fuel pump to go bad after being installed a week ago?
- Where can I find a map of my fuses and where they go? All I got are numbers.
- Where can I find labels to fuses in fuse box. All I see are numbers
- Is there an aftermarket exterior clutch slave cylinder for my B2300
- Why do my windsheild wipers turn on full speed on their own ?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1996 Mazda B2300 Problems
If the engine cranks but does not start, it may be caused by a tripped inertia switch. Switch the key to "ON" and the fuel pump should be heard running for a second or two. Listen at the gas filler if necessary. The inertia switch is located on the firewall and can be tripped when the parking brake is set too hard and then released. The inertia switch should be reset, and will click when it is reset.
A dirty, or contaminated mass airflow (MAF) sensor can cause the engine to run poorly. There may be a Check Engine Light with trouble codes relating to the MAF sensor. In some cases, carefully cleaning the sensor element will fix the problem, but replacement may be required.
The engine may fail to start due to an electrically shorted sensor. Some of the sensors may internally short and not blow any fuses. A technician may find no spark and no operation of the fuel injectors in the diagnosis. One way a technician may isolate the defective sensor is by disconnecting sensors one by one to see if the engine starts.
1996 Mazda B2300 Questions
I have changed the fuel pump 3 times in one month!!! What is causing the problem?
Fuse box is on side of dash on drivers side. When you pop the cover off theres usually a drawing telling you what fuses go to and what amp it is. There isnt anything there and under each slot is a number and thats it
1996 Mazda B2300 Recalls
Ford has recalled Firestone Wilderness AT and Radial ATX tires installed on multiple lines of Ford trucks from 1991 to 2000. On some tires, under extreme conditions, the tread could separate, which can cause immediate tire failure. This may lead to a loss of vehicle control, injury, and death. Dealers replaced the affected tires.
1996 Mazda B2300 Reviews
My mother has had this truck since i was six. She used it to haul news papers around for about 7 years. There has been almost no problems with it. It was recently passed on to me and I've been driving it for a few months now. So far the only problem I've had is that the gas gauge is bipolar. Besides that its an amazing truck. Its small but can haul a lot of weight. I love it and i wouldn't trad...
Exellent truck, just have problems with emission pump. Great for hauling Dirt Bike! Tires are a bitch to find!