2001 Mazda 626 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mazda 626
- My car failed inspection because of its evap system.
- how to replace wheel bearings on front of a mazda 626 2001 2.0L 4 cylinder
- SOMETIMES when I try to take off my car will accelerate but won't move
- why would cylinders 2, 4, 6, all start missfiring at once brand new plugs wires
- I went outside to crank my 2001 mazada 626 and it cranks and cuts back off not c
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 Mazda 626 Problems
If the engine cranks but does not start, it may be caused by a tripped inertia switch. Switch the key to "ON" and the fuel pump should be heard running for a second or two. Listen at the gas filler if necessary. If you do not hear the pump the inertia switch should be reset, it will "click" when it is reset.
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. If evidence of arcing can be seen on the inside of the spark plug boot, new spark plug wires will be needed.
The passages for the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system can become restricted or clogged causing the Check Engine Light to illuminate. The EGR valve will need to be inspected and the passages cleaned.
2001 Mazda 626 Questions
car was running fine stopped at light started running rough and loud computer said these cylinders were misfiring also gave code 0400 any ideas?
I started changing the plugs and the last one had oil on it. What could it be and how much will it cost
My car failed inspection because of its evap. system. How much would it be to get my evap system fixed? Approximately?
2001 Mazda 626 Recalls
2001 Mazda 626 Reviews
At 80K miles, I replaced the transmission. Ten months and 22K miles later, it was rebuilt or replaced again. At 102K miles I replaced the timing belt, gaskets and the water pump for the first time. One nuisance item is the engine light which has been on for 5 years due to some ozone filter which our mechanic said wasn't necessary to replace. Considering I've only changed the oil about every 9 ...
I hate the 01 mazda626 the transmisions are junk
My 2001 mazda 626 has been a good car . The transmission shift cable bushing burst and allowed the cable to come loose thus not able to shift transmission . I called around to dealers and other sourses but the part was on back order .I found a transmission shop that made a good repair as replacing the cable was a real pain ! The transmission is a bit weak on shifting but still a good car . Woul...