2000 Mazda 626 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Mazda 626
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Mazda 626 Problems
If the engine cranks but does not start, it may be caused by a tripped inertia switch. Switch the key to "ON" and the fuel pump should be heard running for a second or two. Listen at the gas filler if necessary. If you do not hear the pump the inertia switch should be reset, it will "click" when it is reset.
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. If evidence of arcing can be seen on the inside of the spark plug boot, new spark plug wires will be needed.
The passages for the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system can become restricted or clogged causing the Check Engine Light to illuminate. The EGR valve will need to be inspected and the passages cleaned.
2000 Mazda 626 Questions
Replaced spark plugs(ngk iridiums) wires air filter and fuel filter. Also cleaned egr, egr ports in the intake, TB, and maf. Ran great for thirty minutes. Cel is still flashing. Oil smells like gas. Doesn't smoke. Won't go over 2500 rpms after being driven awhile(feels like its flooding)
However if I move the shift foto park to drive back to revese and then back to neutral and restart the engine from neutral lights goes off.
Can anyone recommend a low-cost scan tool that will have a readiness monitor for state emissions and do live data scan and do abs and airbag.