1999 Mazda 626 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mazda 626
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Mazda 626 Problems
If the engine cranks but does not start, it may be caused by a tripped inertia switch. Switch the key to "ON" and the fuel pump should be heard running for a second or two. Listen at the gas filler if necessary. If you do not hear the pump the inertia switch should be reset, it will "click" when it is reset.
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. If evidence of arcing can be seen on the inside of the spark plug boot, new spark plug wires will be needed.
The passages for the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system can become restricted or clogged causing the Check Engine Light to illuminate. The EGR valve will need to be inspected and the passages cleaned.
1999 Mazda 626 Questions
So I'm having no spark. Changed coil pack and spark plug wires as well as crank sensor. I am getting fuel and compression as well as a fully charges battery. Also am getting 12 volts to the coil power wire connecter. But not getting any juice to the other 3 wires on the wire connecter. Don...
So I put the head gaskets on the opposite heads. I got 30 psi compression, a no start, and some coolant and alot of gas in the oil pan. Would flipping the head gaskets to the correct heads fix these issues? Or does it even matter? Thanks in advance.
My car cranks up but doesn't start. I have confirmed perfect timing. Redid that twice. Confirmed spark. New coil and wires. Confirmed gas. When I pulled the tube between the fuel rails gas squirted heavily when cranked over. After a while of cranking the plugs would get wet and raw gasoline ...