1998 Mazda 626 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Mazda 626
- Car SHakes when gas pedal is pushed, or won't go up hill, check engine blinks
- Can you put V power octane level 98 in a Mazda MX6?
- What can cause the engine to stall when stopping?
- Theres a vibrating noise coming from somewhere under hood any ideas
- 1998 Mazda 626. No power to coil, no injector signal, but does have
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Mazda 626 Problems
If the engine cranks but does not start, it may be caused by a tripped inertia switch. Switch the key to "ON" and the fuel pump should be heard running for a second or two. Listen at the gas filler if necessary. If you do not hear the pump the inertia switch should be reset, it will "click" when it is reset.
Premature automatic transmission failure is common. Diagnoses of the fault will be necessary to determine if repair or replacement is the proper repair.
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. If evidence of arcing can be seen on the inside of the spark plug boot, new spark plug wires will be needed.
1998 Mazda 626 Questions
Problem happens all the time. Whenever I try to push the gas pedal, my car violently shakes, and won't accelerate, check engine flashes, a minute later the car is running again smoothly, until I have to go up a hill, or statt accelerating faster. And not a little shaking- but violently. My ca...
When slowing to a stop to rapidly the engine sometimes stalls out.
1998 Mazda 626 Recalls
1998 Mazda 626 Reviews
Mine is 2.0L with manual transmission. I enjoy the frugality of this car.
The car is ok - we've had to pay a lot on repairs and it gets old...but overall it gets the job done
Excellent all around