1994 Mazda 626 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Mazda 626
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1994 Mazda 626 Problems
If the engine cranks but does not start, it may be caused by a tripped inertia switch. Switch the key to "ON" and the fuel pump should be heard running for a second or two. Listen at the gas filler if necessary. If you do not hear the pump the inertia switch should be reset, it will "click" when it is reset.
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. If evidence of arcing can be seen on the inside of the spark plug boot, new spark plug wires will be needed.
If the engine cranks but will not start, it may be due a failed distributor. In the diagnosis, it may be discovered that the Electronic Engine Control (EEC) Unit is the cause if ignition spark is restored after disconnecting the Spark Output (SPOUT) Connector.
1994 Mazda 626 Questions
I purchased a salvage vehicle. The engine ran perfect but auto transmission was bad. I took the engine out of the salvage vehicle and installed it in my vehicle( manual Trans). Connected everything up vehicle cranks over but will not start. Act like it about to start but won't. Replaced the f...
also when it idles up n down it tries to dies and when its not tryin to die it acts like its not in gear? this happened tonight! i was omw home and the car was idlin up n dwn tryin to die then all at one it ran ok but acted like it wasnt in gear at all but when i got into the driveway it finally ...
My Transmission was replaced and after that work my speedometer doesn't work.my rpm needle work all my gauges are woking except my speedometer neddle.