2011 Lincoln Town Car Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2011 Lincoln Town Car
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2011 Lincoln Town Car Recalls
The intermediate shafts connect the steering column to the steering gear. Vehicles in areas where salt is used to de-ice the roads are being recalled because severe corrosion can damage the lower intermediate steering shaft. This can cause the upper intermediate shaft to collapse and separate at the lower steering column bearing. Separation will result in complete loss of steering ability. Dealers will replace the lower intermediate steering shaft and inspect the upper intermediate shaft and steering column lower bearing for damage, they will be repaired or replaced as necessary. If the steering column lower bearing has separated, a retainer clip will be installed.
Additionally, Vehicle owners located where salt is not used who have concerns regarding their steering will have a one-time option to have their vehicles inspected and, if necessary, repaired.