2001 Lincoln Town Car Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Lincoln Town Car
- How many hours does it take to replace the heater core in this car? Thanks
- trunk & dome lights wont work but dome lights come on when you open the car door
- How much does it cost to replace the computer?
- My car won't start and computer doesn't scan
- Is the gear shift cable from steering column to the lever on the tranny all one
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 Lincoln Town Car Problems
Sagging suspension can be a result of air suspension struts and/or drier leaking air. These type of air leaks can lead to failure of the air suspension compressor.
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
2001 Lincoln Town Car Questions
motor off for about an hour, restart & the a/c works well again for about an hour then blows warm air. My compressor is new.
2001 Lincoln Town Car Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 2000-2001 Excursion, Expedition, F150, F250, F350, Focus, Taurus, Mercury Sable, Lincoln Continental, Navigator, and Town Car vehicles due to a defect in the wiper motor gear case. The wiper motor could overheat and malfunction, which may cause the wipers to stop working as designed. Dealers will inspect the wiper motor and replace the gear case cover.
2001 Lincoln Town Car Reviews
This is the one of two best vehicles that I own. Only repair problems at 40,000 miles are the Front Suspension Parts as follows: Front Shock, Idler Arm, Pitman Arm, Front Sway Bar Links with 4 Wheel Alignment. Also replaced during regular maintenance: Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Oil & Oil Filter, Brake Pads and PCV Valves. New Problem: Rear Axle Shaft Bearing Fracture notice at 43,000 miles; ...
i need to replace the fuel door release button.I have the part,how do i remove and replace.
I have a 2001 Lincoln Towncar that won't start. Its getting fire all the fuel pump and lines are open. I have 137,000 miles. Any suggestion what the problem could be.