2006 Lincoln Navigator Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Lincoln Navigator
- How to replace the turn signal light on the side mirror of 2006 Navigator?
- Spring operated ashtray will not latch, therefore stays open.
- Car wash fried 16 prong plug in left mirror. Where can I get a replacement plug.
- what could possibly be wrong with my 2006 navigator's fuel system ?
- How do I repair electric problem in driver's seat?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
2006 Lincoln Navigator Problems
Prior to jacking or lifting a vehicle with air suspension, you must turn off the suspension switch. The switch is generally located in the trunk or on the right side of the passenger foot well.
In high dust areas, problems with the EGR system are common. The filter for the EGR solenoid may plug and cause the EGR to activate when it should not; this can cause the engine to stall. The dirty filter should be replaced to correct this concern.
2006 Lincoln Navigator Questions
Fuel pump replaced-no fuel being sent out.Same symptoms as before replacement,engine cranks-fails to start.
When driving at speeds of 60-70mph my truck skips (thumps) and I am not sure if the truck has a timing belt or not or what is causing that... I just had a oil change, air filter replaced and transmission flush...
The rear end in my mothers vehicle suddenly seemed like it has almost completely went out. The ABS light came on and when I drove it the rear end felt like and sounded like it was coming out. Popping, grinding, etc... It also on several occasions hardly wouldn't even pull out of its tracks.
2006 Lincoln Navigator Recalls
Ford recalls 2006 E150, E250, E350 Escape, Expedition, F150, Ranger, Taurus, Lincoln Navigator, Mercury Mariner, and Mercury Mountaineer due to a possible lack of lubricant on the wiper motor output shaft gear. Eventually, loss of wiper function will result. Dealers will grease the wiper motor gears as necessary.
289 vehicles may have been built with an incorrectly manufactured automatic transmission parking pawl guide plate. This could cause the transmission park lock system not to engage as expected. If the vehicle was parked on an incline and the parking brake was not engaged, a roll-away condition could occur, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will repair and replace the automatic transmission guide plate. The Ford recall number is 05S39.
Ford has recalled certain 2006 Expedition and Lincoln Navigator vehicles because the tires may have been damaged during production. The center tread of the tires on the driver's side of the vehicle may be damaged, which will progress to tire failure. Dealers will inspect all four tires for tread damage and replace affected tires.