2007 Lincoln MKZ Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Lincoln MKZ
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2007 Lincoln MKZ Problems
The ignition key may become stuck in the ignition lock, possibly associated with a binding shifter bezel. Our technicians tell us that if the shifter knob is sticking or the shifter bezel is binding the affected part should be replaced.
The automatic transmission may develop shifting concerns. On lower mileage vehicles, upgrading the software in the powertrain control module (PCM) and the transmission control module (TCM) may correct the problem. As the mileage increases, internal transmission damage can occur. Repairs could involve replacement of the valve body or a complete transmission rebuild. Whenever major transmission repairs are made, it is important to be sure the PCM and the TCM have the latest software updates to help prevent these issues from reoccurring.
The trunk lid may not latch closed, this is generally caused by the trunk latch sticking in the open position. Our technicians tell us that in most cases the trunk latch assembly will need to be replaced to correct this issue.
2007 Lincoln MKZ Questions
My mkz started to shake after I exited the freeway when I noticed it marked low oil when I went to pull over it shut off now it won't start at all. What could it be?
2007 Lincoln MKZ Reviews
80K miles largely trouble free with regular maintenance. Now the following failed at the same time: Air bag sensor - ~ $1000 Front power transfer unit ~$1200 Driveshaft - $1000 Wheel bearing seized - ~$800 Internet is filled with stories about PTUs and driveshafts failing. Not much I can do about airbag because local mechanics won't service them. 80K and 7 years might be considered ...
Going on 4 years and the car still runs exceptionally well. I have had no problems with it.