2010 Lincoln MKX Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Lincoln MKX
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2010 Lincoln MKX Problems
A fluid leak may be noted from the axle area. Red fluid is from the transmission. Brown fluid is from the power transfer unit (PTU). Leaks are commonly from the axle seal and/or PTU cover seal. Leaking seals should be replaced as necessary.
Poor fitment of the headliner, which may or may not develop into a rattle noise around the sunroof area is generally caused buy foam isolation blocks becoming detached from the headliner. The repair involves re-securing the foam blocks using cable (zip) ties.
2010 Lincoln MKX Questions
The seal on the other side is very loose & ready to fall off too.
Should I just slip it back on? Glue it? Take it in for repair? I don't think it will stay in place unless it gets attached somehow.