1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
- What happens if you don't turn off the air suspension before jacking up the car?
- Low coolant, then shuts off completely?
- Why won't the heat or air shut off in my car. It stays running when on and off.
- What causes the heater not to blow hot on my 98 mark viii? It only blows cold.
- Is there a fuse that operates the coded function or a shut off switch
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Problems
Sagging suspension can be a result of air suspension struts and/or drier leaking air. These type of air leaks can lead to failure of the air suspension compressor.
A vacuum leak from the PCV grommet vacuum leak can cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. The molded rubber hose connections may crack and collapse, causing the vehicle to run roughly. A damaged PCV hose will require replacement.
In high dust areas, problems with the EGR system are common. The filter for the EGR solenoid may plug and cause the EGR to activate when it should not; this can cause the engine to stall. The dirty filter should be replaced to correct this concern.
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Questions
I changed the oil and didn't know about turning off the air suspension. The only change I've noticed (driven approx. 10 miles since then) is a message on the Message Center about checking out the air suspension. Did jacking the car up w/o switching off the air suspension do any damage?
When car over heats' why does it shut of everything? I can't even jump start it. What is happening? I stopped to put water, lights don't even turn on its pitch black!
The test code shows 888 which is a pass. What could the problem be?
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Recalls
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Reviews
I bought mine with 144,000 miles and it now has 177000. I have had the usual problems: air ride (I got it converted to coils),blend door,and broken driver door handle. It has a slow oil pan leak. I have put money into the car, but I love it and intend to keep it forever. You have to love these cars to get one. If you don't love them, don't even think of getting one. They are beautiful, handle w...
having problems with the air suspension and finding that part... I cant find any help on that problem.
having problems finding air suspension part for my 98 mark 8