Explore Your 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for the 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
- Fairfax Auto Repair (703) 596-4643 | 18.09mi
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Problems
Sagging suspension can be a result of air suspension struts and/or drier leaking air. These type of air leaks can lead to failure of the air suspension compressor.
In high dust areas, problems with the EGR system are common. The filter for the EGR solenoid may plug and cause the EGR to activate when it should not; this can cause the engine to stall. The dirty filter should be replaced to correct this concern.
A vacuum leak from the PCV grommet vacuum leak can cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. The molded rubber hose connections may crack and collapse, causing the vehicle to run roughly. A damaged PCV hose will require replacement.
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Questions
The test code shows 888 which is a pass. What could the problem be?
The alarm worked before the body work and the key pad.
The keypad on the door does not work either
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Recalls
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Reviews
I bought mine with 144,000 miles and it now has 177000. I have had the usual problems: air ride (I got it converted to coils),blend door,and broken driver door handle. It has a slow oil pan leak. I have put money into the car, but I love it and intend to keep it forever. You have to love these cars to get one. If you don't love them, don't even think of getting one. They are beautiful, handle w...
having problems with the air suspension and finding that part... I cant find any help on that problem.
having problems finding air suspension part for my 98 mark 8