1997 Lincoln Mark VIII Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII
- My Mark VIII runs really rough and chemical smell when the temp is hot outside.
- 97 mark8 came with hid low beam can I use headlight from a 98 with halogen
- Having HID Conversion done. How to know if headlight 'dimmer' switch is bad?
- running lights blow fuses CONSTANTLY, module burned, replaced. still problem
- I have no heat.i get a 155 dtc code.do I need new control unit? frozen,seattle
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII Problems
Sagging suspension can be a result of air suspension struts and/or drier leaking air. These type of air leaks can lead to failure of the air suspension compressor.
A vacuum leak from the PCV grommet vacuum leak can cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. The molded rubber hose connections may crack and collapse, causing the vehicle to run roughly. A damaged PCV hose will require replacement.
In high dust areas, problems with the EGR system are common. The filter for the EGR solenoid may plug and cause the EGR to activate when it should not; this can cause the engine to stall. The dirty filter should be replaced to correct this concern.
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII Questions
When this occurs, there is loss of power like plugs are fouled out and sputters when I press on the gas.
I'mhaving HID Conversion kit installed. Mechanic tells me dimmer switch has gone bad, although it seems to work to me. The switch changes from high beams plus gold side lights on to just gold side lights on. The low beams aren't quite connected yet. The low beams should stay on during bo...
After suspension replaced, running lights blow fuses, can't drive at night no tail lights, module burned, replaced w/salvage module, still blowing fuses. After module replaced, can't shift from park unless, hold button shifter in, insert key w/left hand thru steering wheel turn key comple...
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII Recalls
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII Reviews
I have a 1997 Lincoln Mark 8 and when I take my foot off of the accelerator it cuts off, what could be the problem?
i love my 1997 lin mark8 lsc .