1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII
- my car is leaking transmission fluid and its not the seal. What else?
- Who can I take my car to to find a "short"?
- my trunk won't open with the remote or the button on the door. could it be a fuse or what?
- my trunk won't open with the remote or the button on the door.
- how do you bypass the amp to install a new radio
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Problems
Sagging suspension can be a result of air suspension struts and/or drier leaking air. These type of air leaks can lead to failure of the air suspension compressor.
A vacuum leak from the PCV grommet vacuum leak can cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. The molded rubber hose connections may crack and collapse, causing the vehicle to run roughly. A damaged PCV hose will require replacement.
In high dust areas, problems with the EGR system are common. The filter for the EGR solenoid may plug and cause the EGR to activate when it should not; this can cause the engine to stall. The dirty filter should be replaced to correct this concern.
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Questions
Car wouldn't start. Got it to Autozone to be tested - was told it was alternator. Changed it. Drove around. Parked and in the morning it wouldn't start. Where do I start?
neither remote nor button inside will open it but tail lights flash
fuse, motor or wiring harness