1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII
- Is there a high presure hose line that would leak when car is running
- An electrical short, or some other battery draing issue.
- My air conditioner doesn't blow air out the panels, floor etc.
- Why does my car start but die at idle? It cuts off every time soon as it starts?
- What may be the reasons my cars starts but wont idle, causing is to cut off?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Problems
Sagging suspension can be a result of air suspension struts and/or drier leaking air. These type of air leaks can lead to failure of the air suspension compressor.
A vacuum leak from the PCV grommet vacuum leak can cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. The molded rubber hose connections may crack and collapse, causing the vehicle to run roughly. A damaged PCV hose will require replacement.
In high dust areas, problems with the EGR system are common. The filter for the EGR solenoid may plug and cause the EGR to activate when it should not; this can cause the engine to stall. The dirty filter should be replaced to correct this concern.
1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Questions
93 Mk 8 won;t hold a charge. Some say radio problem. Already removed air-ride system. We like it, but not real reliable these days. Any ideas? 83000 mi. Has new battery and alternator. Always garaged, clean and dry. Thanks for any help.
Car dies at idle when i start it.. recently replaced idle air control valve for another problem but i was told that this problem may be my fiel pump but im not sure. Looking for input please!!!!
Recently replaced identical idle control valve because when i drove it it would randomly idle high. But now with the new idle control valve my car wont stay idled at all even with my foot on the accelerator. Was told this could be the fuel pump but im not sure
1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1993-1994 Taurus, Mercury Sable, Lincoln Continental, and Lincoln Mark VII vehicles for a concern with the headlight switch. The headlight switch may cause the headlights to flash as a result of an internal issue. Dealers will replace the headlight switch and the wiring harness if necessary.
1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Reviews
Bought my '95 Mark VIII with 40k miles on it in Jan. '05. I love the ride, but would NOT RECOMMEND it because of the VERY HIGH COST of repairing/replacing air ride, which this one didn't even get to 70,000 miles before breaking (& Linc. dealers will not work on suspension or older models, & honestly, they don't drive nearly as good without the air ride). I had it repaired first time & 13 months...
I love my Mark Vlll, but have spent a lot of money on repairs. Right now and for a long time I have replaced 4 batteries and 4 altinators in 5 years and it still won't start every time. Any suggestions?
we love the car transmission is leaking is there a recall on are can some one fixit and promble with the head lights.need help please response live in monticello fla 32344 the engine light come on the high ride make make the trukgo up , it has been a good car , but it should not be breaking down like that