2007 Lincoln Mark LT Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Lincoln Mark LT
2007 Lincoln Mark LT Problems
A ticking noise may be noted from the engine caused by one or more stuck or collapsed valve lash adjusters. The repair involves inspecting and replacing lash adjusters as necessary.
Our technicians tell us the spark plugs in the 5.4L V8 engine can be very difficult to remove. Ford has issued a service bulletin (08-7-6) to address this issue, which includes a recommended procedure on how to remove the plugs. Failure to follow the recommended procedure can result in the one or more spark plugs breaking off in the cylinder head.
The recommend procedure is as follows. Using this procedure will greatly reduce the chance of breaking a spark plug.
1. Break the spark plugs loose when the engine is warm.
2. Turn each plug 1/8 to 1/4 turn and soak the treads with 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of Motorcraft Carburetor Tune-Up Cleaner or a quality penetrating oil. Do not try to remove the plugs at this time.
3. Let the threads soak for at least 15 minutes.
4. After the soak period, tighten and loosen each spark plug, working it back and forth until the turning effort is reduced. Then, you can remove the spark plug.
There are special tools available to remove the broken spark plugs and repair shops will often charge additional labor time, over and above the quoted spark plug replacement cost, for the removal of each broken spark plug.
A shimmy or nibble may be noted from the steering at various speeds. The tires may be at fault and/or a steering gear damper may need to be installed. Our technicians recommend to check tires for excess run-out and replace and balance as necessary. Additionally, if needed install a steering gear damper.
2007 Lincoln Mark LT Questions
I use 5w-20 synthetic oil
I have 73765 miles on my truck. Had the following done;
-changed 8 spark plugs Later 442.95 Parts, : 145.52 total 588.47
-installed new A Pully and V-belt, Parts = 134.55 and Labor = $148.95, total 283.50.
-replace fuel filter, parts: 23.24, labor 48.95 total= 72.19
- Injector service/EEC, ...