2004 Lincoln LS Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Lincoln LS
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Lincoln LS Problems
Erratic engine coolant temperature or intermittent overheating can be caused by corrosion inside the water pump. The impeller may spin on the water pump shaft or the impeller may corrode. Either condition reduces coolant circulation resulting in engine overheating.
In high dust areas, problems with the EGR system are common. The filter for the EGR solenoid may plug and cause the EGR to activate when it should not; this can cause the engine to stall. The dirty filter should be replaced to correct this concern.
Very hard shifting may be noted after the transmission reaches operating temperature. Most commonly this occurs in the higher gears and reverse. Replacement of the transmission may be recommended to correct this concern.
2004 Lincoln LS Questions
car wont go into gear so i can take it to get serviced is there away to release it manually
looses throttle and I have a code p0430 after replacing several coil packs. any help would be appreciated thank you
2004 Lincoln LS Reviews
Frequent ignition coil problems (replacement required @$150 ea.) Engine knocks when low grade or low quality fuel is used. Engine knocks when a low grade (thinner) oil is used. Beautiful car and a smooth ride, but it is picky at times!
I HAVE THE 2004LS AND AT THAT TIME I THOUGHT I WANTED A *FORD*, THAT WAS NOT TRUE, BECAUSE FORD ITS NOT FOR ME. I HAVE HAD MANY THINGS WRONG,FIX, AND PRICELESS, ALSO STILL HAVING PROBLEM ENGINE LIGHT STAYS ON, THE GAS NEEDLE STOPS AT THE HALF MARK, THE CAR SMOKES IN HOT HEAT, BUT WHEN ITS COLD OUT THE HEATER SMELLS LIKE OIL BURNING THUR THE VENTS, THE FRONT/BACK SEAT POUCH ARE NOT ATTACH,THE C...
THIS IS A CAR I ENCOURAGED MY DAUGHTER TO BUY, I HAD A TOWN CAR AND LOVED IT. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! EVERYTHING HAS HAPPENED TO IT1 ALL OF THE COILS, THE AIR CONDITIONER, THE COILS , AGAIN! THIS IS A MONEYPIT! NEVER AGAIN, NO WONDER LINCOLN DISCONTINUED. IS THERE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THEM BECAUSE OF THIS CAR?