2003 Lincoln LS Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Lincoln LS
- CAR WONT REV UP
- It starts warms up, then a faint knock oil light comes on and shuts off.
- my Lincoln ls have oil in the coolant, (radiator water hoses and reservoir)
- my 02/v8 lincoln is leaking mass amounts of power steering fluid past few weeks,
- does thermastat housing tube to rightside of thermastat crack or blow open.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2003 Lincoln LS Problems
Erratic engine coolant temperature or intermittent overheating can be caused by corrosion inside the water pump. The impeller may spin on the water pump shaft or the impeller may corrode. Either condition reduces coolant circulation resulting in engine overheating.
In high dust areas, problems with the EGR system are common. The filter for the EGR solenoid may plug and cause the EGR to activate when it should not; this can cause the engine to stall. The dirty filter should be replaced to correct this concern.
Very hard shifting may be noted after the transmission reaches operating temperature. Most commonly this occurs in the higher gears and reverse. Replacement of the transmission may be recommended to correct this concern.
2003 Lincoln LS Questions
I'm looking to purchase a 2003 lincoln ls, the owner says the car starts and runs perfect until it warms up then it knocks oil light comes on and then nothing. Car stops and is not drivable. Any ideas??? I would really like to purchase still if its a reasonable fix.☺
and now can't hardly steer car. I ordered a power steering pump from an auto salvage yard for $60, as i'm trying to fix it cheap. My question is do I also need to pick up hoses and fluid to take to the garage? And if so what kind? Thank you...
2003 Lincoln LS Recalls
17" chrome wheels may not have been properly heat treated. These wheels may crack at the lug nut holes, which could result in loosening of the lug nuts. The driver may experience vibration and/or abnormal noise while driving. Continued operation of the vehicle could result in the wheel failing off, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the wheels and replace those without proper heat treating. The Ford recall number is 03S01.
2003 Lincoln LS Reviews
I just bought a 2003 Lincoln LS, its a nice car BUT... The service light comes on at least once a week, about a month after i bought it the engine light came on and i had to have all the iginition coils replaced. now a week later the engine light is on again and my car is doing the same thing. when im at a stop sign or a light i can feel my car lightly shaking and i can hear some noises from m...
I HAVE A LINCOLN 2003 I LOVE THAT CAR HIS NAME IS SHAKA AND HE RUNS GREAT THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS CAR.
I recieved a 03 ls from a customer to do an easy tune-up. but after looking into it found most all easy items changed by previous owner and it still will not drive down road. This is the 3rd ls I have seen like this with a MAJOR problem and hope people stay away from them.