2001 Lincoln Continental Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Lincoln Continental
- Compressor Failure Due to Air Leaks From Air Suspension Struts and Drier
- Problems With EGR System are Common in High Dust Areas
- Install insulator kit to prevent vibration caused by air compressor
- Check Engine Light Due to PCV Grommet Vacuum Leaks
- Exhaust Leak Prior to Catalytic Converter Must be Repaired Immediately
- Why is my brake petal quivering when braking then releasing when stopped?
- can you drive the car if you turn off the air suspension switch
- what does it mean check ride control light comes on
- my interior lights comes on and goes off all the time, running down the battery
- Mytransaxle needs to be R&Rd..gettin used one..whatelse should i purchase forit?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 Lincoln Continental Problems
Sagging suspension can be a result of air suspension struts and/or drier leaking air. These type of air leaks can lead to failure of the air suspension compressor.
In high dust areas, problems with the EGR system are common. The filter for the EGR solenoid may plug and cause the EGR to activate when it should not; this can cause the engine to stall. The dirty filter should be replaced to correct this concern.
2001 Lincoln Continental Questions
In the past 2 months I have replaced front brake lines, rear brakes and the rebuilt transmission. My car doesn't feel like it is going to stop when breaking, especially slow speeds. When it stops I can feel the petal releasing and hear noises. Now I hear what sounds like the suspension motor ...
when I start the car the right rear will not air up, what could that be, will t cost a lot to fix?
2001 Lincoln Continental Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 2000-2001 Excursion, Expedition, F150, F250, F350, Focus, Taurus, Mercury Sable, Lincoln Continental, Navigator, and Town Car vehicles due to a defect in the wiper motor gear case. The wiper motor could overheat and malfunction, which may cause the wipers to stop working as designed. Dealers will inspect the wiper motor and replace the gear case cover.
2001 Lincoln Continental Reviews
I really hated to see the end of production of one of the finest vehicles on the road. I have owned three, still own two and will keep one until I can no longer obtain parts or it just dies. Very comfortable, easy to drive, safe, and very stylish to boot.
94,000 miles. All bushings in rear worn out. Rear sway bar broken..1000 bucks. Torque converter leaking fluid....Ford mechanic said he has not seen this before. Lucky me....1360 bucks. Keyless entry faulty...400 bucks. Ambient air temp sensor failed. I fixed for 14 bucks. There was a reason Ford stopped making this model.