1999 Lincoln Continental Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Lincoln Continental
- Compressor Failure Due to Air Leaks From Air Suspension Struts and Drier
- Problems With EGR System are Common in High Dust Areas
- Install insulator kit to prevent vibration caused by air compressor
- Check Engine Light Due to PCV Grommet Vacuum Leaks
- Exhaust Leak Prior to Catalytic Converter Must be Repaired Immediately
- how to remove valve cover from back of engine by fire wall
- How long should it take to repair a front seal in a 1999 Lincoln continental tra
- Is there a fuel pump switch in the trunk
- The warning buzzer for low windshield fluid comes on whenever I start the car.
- how hard is it to replace the rear air bags? can I do this myself?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1999 Lincoln Continental Problems
Sagging suspension can be a result of air suspension struts and/or drier leaking air. These type of air leaks can lead to failure of the air suspension compressor.
In high dust areas, problems with the EGR system are common. The filter for the EGR solenoid may plug and cause the EGR to activate when it should not; this can cause the engine to stall. The dirty filter should be replaced to correct this concern.
1999 Lincoln Continental Questions
Is there a fuse I can pull to stop this? The warning goes off when I push the reset. The reservoir is totally full. I don't want to replace the tank with the sensor. I was afraid to pull any fuses as it might mess up the other warnings.
I have had the "check ride control" light checked out at auto shop and confirmed both rear air bags are leaking and need replacement. Special tools required?
there is no water leaking out and belt is spinning around water pump cant even drive it two blocks without it over heating
1999 Lincoln Continental Recalls
1999 Lincoln Continental Reviews
really nice car i've had my 99' for 4 yrs and other than normal wear and tear i'm just now at 152,000 mi. and have to replace the power-steering pump i give this car an overall star rating of a 5. It rides really smooth and has alot of power with the 4.6l and i avg. 20 to 30 mi. a gal.
Purchased in late 2000 with under 20K miles. Now has 260K miles. Everything still works.. correctly. 1 tuneup, 1 water pump, 1 alternator. Zero drivetrain issues in those miles. Oil change every 3-4K, transmission oil & filter (with dropped pan) change every 30K-40K. Suggest re-seating the relays in the underhood box every 12 months or so. Reseat the connector under the right rear corner...
We just bought a used 1999 Lincoln Continental.. It's a great car. Wonderful interior - nothing wrong with that! 110,000 miles (yes in 2014).. Carfax no accidents.. Minor dings on the outside. We did have to replace the Valve cover gaskets just shortly after getting it, found a great mechanic that specializes in restoration and cares about his work!.. He owns a Mustang and took great care of...