1998 Lincoln Continental Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Lincoln Continental
- Compressor Failure Due to Air Leaks From Air Suspension Struts and Drier
- Problems With EGR System are Common in High Dust Areas
- Install insulator kit to prevent vibration caused by air compressor
- Check Engine Light Due to PCV Grommet Vacuum Leaks
- Exhaust Leak Prior to Catalytic Converter Must be Repaired Immediately
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Lincoln Continental Problems
Sagging suspension can be a result of air suspension struts and/or drier leaking air. These type of air leaks can lead to failure of the air suspension compressor.
In high dust areas, problems with the EGR system are common. The filter for the EGR solenoid may plug and cause the EGR to activate when it should not; this can cause the engine to stall. The dirty filter should be replaced to correct this concern.
1998 Lincoln Continental Questions
bushings. Also advised that may need rack & pinion steering replaced because the steering assist goes out all the time. Will replacing R&P also take care of both problems? What is estimated cost?
I have to refill it to keep it running. Driving short trip in town it will run with no problem. When it runs continuously on the highway and is at or below half a tank of gas it will sputter then die. I replaced plugs, TPS, PVC, filters, hoses, used treatments but it continues to be an issue. Any...
1998 Lincoln Continental Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1997-1998 Taurus and Mercury Sable vehicles and 1998 Contour, Mercury Mystique, Lincoln Navigator, and Town Car models to provide owners with proper instructions on how to aim their headlamps. If there is a need to adjust the headlamps, during headlamp replacement for example, there is a lack of proper documentation on how to properly perform the adjustment. Ford will mail vehicle owners a new owner guide containing revised aiming instructions.
1998 Lincoln Continental Reviews
Bought my 98 with 105000 miles.. tuned it up at 107000.. It been a really solid car. I had to put in a new water pump at 122000... I had an electrical problem with the door open on the display & interior lights coming on, but cured that by heavily spraying the door locks with WD40 on a tip from repairpal.... I'm now at 138000 and going strong...It needs a tune up again but I'm still getting 18...
This car ran good or a while now at 200,000 miles we are having problem after problem literally getting fixed once or more every 6 months without exageration!!!