1994 Lincoln Continental Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Lincoln Continental
- Compressor Failure Due to Air Leaks From Air Suspension Struts and Drier
- Problems With EGR System are Common in High Dust Areas
- Install insulator kit to prevent vibration caused by air compressor
- Exhaust Leak Prior to Catalytic Converter Must be Repaired Immediately
- Turn Off Suspension Switch Before Jacking/Lifting Vehicle With Air Suspension
- Can anyone tell me where the pcm/ECM is located?
- The transmission is stuck in neutral.
- I can not get my relay switch out, for the windshield wipers. In my 94 lincoln
- dcl and charge system is coming on. what is this problem im having
- Why my car like power steering out an really when look my front end on ground?
1994 Lincoln Continental Problems
Sagging suspension can be a result of air suspension struts and/or drier leaking air. These type of air leaks can lead to failure of the air suspension compressor.
In high dust areas, problems with the EGR system are common. The filter for the EGR solenoid may plug and cause the EGR to activate when it should not; this can cause the engine to stall. The dirty filter should be replaced to correct this concern.
1994 Lincoln Continental Questions
I have a 94 continental.
I changed the tranny fluid and filter, linkage is fine and fluid shows on dipstick but it seems there is no fluid getting to torque converter? anything else I can do without pulling tranny out?
I have a 94 lincoln cont cant get the wiper relay out? Dont know how to put it in either, help. Thank u. Tonia c.
1994 Lincoln Continental Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1986-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models and 1988-1994 Lincoln Continental models in high corrosion, cold weather states because the rear subframe mount plate nuts may corrode and fail, causing the subframe to drop. If the subframe drops, loss of vehicle control and functionality can occur. Dealers will install subframe rear mount bolts, reinforcement plates, and plate nuts.
Ford has recalled certain 1993-1994 Taurus, Mercury Sable, Lincoln Continental, and Lincoln Mark VII vehicles for a concern with the headlight switch. The headlight switch may cause the headlights to flash as a result of an internal issue. Dealers will replace the headlight switch and the wiring harness if necessary.
Ford has recalled certain 1991-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models equipped with the 3.8L V6 and 1991-1994 Continental models for an issue with the speed control cable. In cold weather states, the speed control cable could freeze. This could cause the accelerator cable to stick. To deter moisture and ice build-up, dealers will add a rubber boot to the speed control cable.
1994 Lincoln Continental Reviews
my cars fan wont turn on the fan works i replaced both sensors and nun of my fuses are burned out
Has been a predictable car for years with no output towards unnecessary repairs. Rides well, handles will and gets decent mileage. After 127,0000 miles leather still rip free, dash not cracked and all-in-all all is well.
my tranny sometimes gooes out while driving. if I either undo the battery or put it in nuetral, back in gear for a few seconds, all is well, for a while.