1993 Lincoln Continental Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Lincoln Continental
- Compressor Failure Due to Air Leaks From Air Suspension Struts and Drier
- Problems With EGR System are Common in High Dust Areas
- Install insulator kit to prevent vibration caused by air compressor
- Exhaust Leak Prior to Catalytic Converter Must be Repaired Immediately
- Turn Off Suspension Switch Before Jacking/Lifting Vehicle With Air Suspension
- How do you fix or would address an upper valve rattle noise?
- Ride control lite comes on then eng. lite. Bags, pump gone, how keep 2 lites off
- When idling, or driving slow, the engine cuts out and won't restart.
- Runs rough shakes won't stay idle
- Why would the fuel injectors not spray fuel in the cylinders?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1993 Lincoln Continental Problems
Sagging suspension can be a result of air suspension struts and/or drier leaking air. These type of air leaks can lead to failure of the air suspension compressor.
In high dust areas, problems with the EGR system are common. The filter for the EGR solenoid may plug and cause the EGR to activate when it should not; this can cause the engine to stall. The dirty filter should be replaced to correct this concern.
1993 Lincoln Continental Questions
While driving the car and waiting at a light, the engine died. No hesitation or sputtering, it just stopped. After sitting 10-20 minutes, the engine starts back up. It did this 6 times in a 90 minute time frame. Mechanic had the vehicle and was unable to duplicate, the car was driven 500 miles w...
Change plug wire cap rotor wires checked codes none cracked fuel psi fine
I've replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel injectors and I have 40psi on the fuel rail. I have plenty of spark but it still seems like its not getting any fuel to the cylinders. Any ideas?
1993 Lincoln Continental Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1986-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models and 1988-1994 Lincoln Continental models in high corrosion, cold weather states because the rear subframe mount plate nuts may corrode and fail, causing the subframe to drop. If the subframe drops, loss of vehicle control and functionality can occur. Dealers will install subframe rear mount bolts, reinforcement plates, and plate nuts.
Ford has recalled certain 1993-1994 Taurus, Mercury Sable, Lincoln Continental, and Lincoln Mark VII vehicles for a concern with the headlight switch. The headlight switch may cause the headlights to flash as a result of an internal issue. Dealers will replace the headlight switch and the wiring harness if necessary.
Ford has recalled certain 1991-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models equipped with the 3.8L V6 and 1991-1994 Continental models for an issue with the speed control cable. In cold weather states, the speed control cable could freeze. This could cause the accelerator cable to stick. To deter moisture and ice build-up, dealers will add a rubber boot to the speed control cable.
1993 Lincoln Continental Reviews
have a 1993 Lincoln Continental that has 32,000 miles only and hasn't been driven much that I inherited from my aunt and the AC doesn't work but the heater does and the high beam doesn't work and some sort of play in steering when turning wheel left. Looking for auto repair shops that specializes in old lincolns and is more price competitive than a dealer. Need estimate to fix AC, make switch...
I have the 93 lincoln continental executive series and it's been a real money pit. I've only had it for about 2 years now and had to replace many things like the whole suspension had to be converted to coil spring shocks because they used those garbage airbag shocks that don't last and rot out over time, replaced the battery many times date to it being drained by faulty switches and wires, gas ...