1999 Lexus SC400 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Lexus SC400
- check eng lgt on. code PO430 catalyst. right bank. does the valves need adj?
- bank 1 02 sensor is it ok to splice wires if new sensor has shorter connector.
- Should I replace my timing belt and water pump etc. 99 sc400 59k miles 14yrs old
- How do I test ignition coil when not installed? I have fluke meter! Better way?
- Check engine light on. Replcd ign.coils. engine misfrs when cold and at idle.
1999 Lexus SC400 Problems
There are reports of LED problems in the dashboard gauges. The lights burn out, making the gauges difficult to see at night, and require replacement.
There are reports of intermittent failures with the heating and air conditioning control. The digital display might fail or the control might fail to switch between heater functions.
Occasionally, the Check Engine Light is illuminated due to failures in the evaporative emission (EVAP) system. Our technicians tell us that proper diagnoses is generally required to confirm the exact fault causing the warning light to come on.
1999 Lexus SC400 Questions
The 02 sensors available have a shorter wire and the old wire is about 2ft long. The available sensor now is about 6inches.
1999 Lexus SC400 only 59k miles but 14 years old. sounds fine just replaced 5 ignition coils and no current codes or problems. New plugs, drive belt, oil and air filters.
When I purchased the car it had 3 aftermarket cheap ign coils and I installed three good used oem coils. Still cutting out but better.