1996 Lexus SC400 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Lexus SC400
- Why did my heater stop working?
- My passenger side door will not open and window only goes down partially
- The car will not backup in reverse, but all forward gears works is there a senso
- all a/c, heat,defrost.....stopped working checked fuses no luck. Any ideas?
- LCD for ac controls lights but no read out and no operable systems
1996 Lexus SC400 Problems
There are reports of LED problems in the dashboard gauges. The lights burn out, making the gauges difficult to see at night, and require replacement.
There are reports of intermittent failures with the heating and air conditioning control. The digital display might fail or the control might fail to switch between heater functions.
Occasionally, the Check Engine Light is illuminated due to failures in the evaporative emission (EVAP) system. Our technicians tell us that proper diagnoses is generally required to confirm the exact fault causing the warning light to come on.
1996 Lexus SC400 Questions
Well the display has always been dim since the day I got it,but it went out completely won't power on completely dead?
It may be rod inside door for window and door. Can you give me approximate cost Can you fix it?
car will not backup in reverse gear but works well in forward gears.