1998 Lexus SC300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Lexus SC300
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Lexus SC300 Problems
There are reports of LED problems in the dashboard gauges. The lights burn out, making the gauges difficult to see at night, and require replacement.
There are reports of intermittent failures with the heating and air conditioning control. The digital display might fail or the control might fail to switch between heater functions.
Occasionally, the Check Engine Light is illuminated due to failures in the evaporative emission (EVAP) system. Our technicians tell us that proper diagnoses is generally required to confirm the exact fault causing the warning light to come on.
1998 Lexus SC300 Questions
The transmission will not go into overdrive. There is no button to turn the overdrive on and off.The overdrive worked fine after i first got the car with about 108,000 miles on it but after the car sat for over a year woth out using it the overdrive stoped working. I put a new fillter and fuid in...
there doesnt seem to be any off/on switch on the shifter on any other place on the car.the when the shift is in the D spot it looks like it should go into overdriveas to info in the owners manual but at 60 miles per hour the at almost 2600 RPMs but no shifting into overdrive.