1996 Lexus SC300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Lexus SC300
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
1996 Lexus SC300 Problems
There are reports of LED problems in the dashboard gauges. The lights burn out, making the gauges difficult to see at night, and require replacement.
There are reports of intermittent failures with the heating and air conditioning control. The digital display might fail or the control might fail to switch between heater functions.
Occasionally, the Check Engine Light is illuminated due to failures in the evaporative emission (EVAP) system. Our technicians tell us that proper diagnoses is generally required to confirm the exact fault causing the warning light to come on.
1996 Lexus SC300 Questions
Changed egr valve vac Modulator and ox senors. I even changed gas cap.
My kid ran the car out of gas, we pushed it to the gas station and refueled it, and now it just turns over, sounds like it wants to start, but will not engage. Could the computer need to be reset, or could it be the starter?
The key will not turn when you put it in, we tried everything turning the steering wheel, wigging the key back and fourth. This happen once before but we got it started but this time it wont.
1996 Lexus SC300 Reviews
Transmission wise when my car goes through a gear shift it sounds ragedy like something is grinding it drives me nuts what to do?