2004 Lexus RX330 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Lexus RX330
- Check Engine Light just turned on, and Automatic headlight leveling system
- My car won't turn over. Put key in and no noise. Battery is new
- how do I close the back cargo door that is stuck?
- Does Lexus have any common known issues with its sunroofs?
- Just got my car back from new timing kit install - Check engine, VCS & Trac off
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Lexus RX330 Problems
A shift "lag" may be noted when accelerating from speeds of 10 to 20 mph. A software update for the transmission control module has been released which may correct this concern. Software updates are commonly most effective on newer vehicles. Higher mileage vehicles may exhibit a similar symptom caused by a component failure. However, whenever major transmission repairs are performed the transmission software should be checked and updated as necessary.
Various user interface issues regarding GPS, radio system, and heater controls, along with bluetooth operation have been addressed with a software upgrade. Our technicians recommend that if you have issues with these systems, checking for the latest software should be the first step in diagnoses.
The supplemental restraints system (SRS) warning light may illuminate with code B0111 and/or B0116. Our technicians tell us Lexus has several service bulletins regarding the SRS system. It is not uncommon to replace one or more airbags to correct these fault codes.
2004 Lexus RX330 Questions
Should just take it for an engine diagnostic? What should be my first approach for both issues. I was driving, while on the road Automatic headlight leveling indicator on and a about 2 hours the Check Engine turned on, what should my first steps??? Frustrated!
first time this has happened
We owned 2 Lexus RX 330 and the sunroof stopped working on the first one a couple of years ago but since then we have replaced that car with the same one and the same issue arose with the sunroof where it does not close. Is this a known issue with these SUV's?
2004 Lexus RX330 Recalls
The amount of adhesive applied between the inner and outer parts of the crankshaft pulley may be inadequate. If this is the case, the outer ring may become misaligned and/or not properly rotate with the inner ring, causing an abnormal noise and/or illumination of the Check Engine Light. In some cases, the power steering belt could come off resulting in a loss of power steering assist, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the crankshaft pulley and replace it if necessary.
The floor carpet cover may interfere with the accelerator pedal if its forward retention clip is not installed properly. As a result, the throttle can become stuck in a partially open position, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the carpet cover with a newly designed one. No owner notification schedule has been provided at this time.
2004 Lexus RX330 Reviews
Great car! I've only had to replace the tires (2009) and the front brake pads (2010) (I have about 50000 miles on it, and it's garaged and I take it in every 6 mos for whatever it needs--oil change or one of their many checkups). I have an extended warranty but haven't had to use it (bought it in July 2003). I would like to keep this car forever.
Arguably the best car I've ever owned - 49,000 miles at present and zero problems. Nothing other then normal maintenance required. Rides like a luxury car, not a SUV, but still handles great in heavy rain & snow. Had some minor issues while under warranty & received the best service I've ever experienced -loaner car, complete detailing of car as part of warranty service. I plan on buying anot...