2001 Lexus RX300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Lexus RX300
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 Lexus RX300 Problems
Debris can get into the idle air control valve. This will restrict the air flow into the engine, causing idle speed and/or stalling when cold. The valve can be cleaned or replaced to correct this concern.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because the mass air flow sensor sends incorrect information to the engine control computer. This can cause a loss of power on acceleration. A failed mass air flow sensor will require replacement.
2001 Lexus RX300 Questions
it is a squeaky noise and after the air gets sucked in it stops
I used synthetic oil from the begining never had excessive oil consumption issues. Changing oil every 5K miles. Current milage 240K
Have an oil drip and think the filter might need to be changed, but cannot find it.
2001 Lexus RX300 Reviews
I bought the 2001 RX300 from a lady who bought it new from our dealership and since I was a service writer there for a few years when she traded it in for the new model in 2008, I checked her maintenance and she did every oil change everything Lexus recommended at the mileage intervals and since Dec 2008 I have kept up with the same maintenance and I have had not one issue with this vehicle bes...
I'm sorry to hear some people have had bad luck with their RX300. I love mine!! I bought it used in 2004 with 63K miles on it. Beside the minimal wear and tear items that happen its been a dream!!! Everyone stated that its such a awesome car to ride in, quiet, smooth, and looks brand new. It has 158K miles on it now & looks like the transmission is having a problem. I'm not worried I have a rep...
Bought is brand new in 2001, 99300 miles to-date, Thank god I purchased that extended warranty. Transmission rebuilt on Yr 5 ($2000); Center multifunction display replaced twice ($800); Lock actuator replaced ($600); Air handling servo replaced ($350). Have been maintaining in near mint condition. Never a Lexus again.