1996 Lexus LS400 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Lexus LS400
- car will start, but air, radio, seats, etc. wont work.what does this mean?
- what price should i expect to pay for transmission fluid and filter replacemtent
- why do I have to wait a long time before it shifts into gear?
- Would a coolant sensor malfunction cause a Lexus LS400 1996 to run rough & die
- My car burns to much gas & smokes & has gas smell
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Lexus LS400 Problems
Higher mileage cars can develop creaking and groaning noises in the front suspension, particularly when coming to a quick stop. Inspection and replacement of any worn parts should correct this concern.
1996 Lexus LS400 Questions
what price should i expect to pay for transmission fluid and filter replacemtent? and where should i go to get it done? is it something i can do?
I was told the solenoid shifter. It takes so long the first time we are ready to leave before it will shift into gear. I run the car, even rev up the engine.. then when it does it jolts out hard.
Has never over-heated. When engine died smelled gasoline. Coolant was topped off way before. Engine Icon and Trac/off icon on.Today it started but could hear it missing . Slowly it smoothed itself out. Did NOT drive. Could this just be a tune-up, oil-change-needed, tranny filter replacement thing...
1996 Lexus LS400 Recalls
1996 Lexus LS400 Reviews
We got this car a few months ago. It only had 75k on it. We LOVE it. one of the best riding and powerful cars we have owned. I have had 7 series BMW's in the past and this is better. Would highly recomend it to anyone
Overall great Car! I had to replace the tensioner pulley housing along with new belt. Parts are EXPENSIVE...but with regulary scheduled maintenance and oil changes...it'll last forever!
I've just been given this car from my uncle and am really greatful for it. It's a wonderful and bad ass car, only thing is that when he signed it over, the lights on the stereo already went out so at night I can't see the radio plus he got the gold package, yet, didn't opt. for the CD changer so I can't listen to any CD unless I replace the stereo. Also, some how the driver side mirror's au...