1994 Lexus LS400 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Lexus LS400
- Replaced calipers on front blead breaks but some thing is makeing the breaks St
- Replaced 4 wh pds,rotors. Peddle goes to floor. Pumps up, then back down.
- I just bought a 1994 Lexus ls400 and it has low mileage and looks good but once
- Did nanolap fix his problem with the Reverse lamp?
- Bought a new terminal cause it broke. Still didn't keep charge. Bought an alternator and the same problem. Any ideas??
1994 Lexus LS400 Problems
Higher mileage cars can develop creaking and groaning noises in the front suspension, particularly when coming to a quick stop. Inspection and replacement of any worn parts should correct this concern.
If your power steering pump is making noises or leaking, get it fixed ASAP or you will likely be replacing your alternator too. The alternator is located right below the P/S pump and if fluid drips into it it will short out the alternator, this has been occured many times.
Also, if you get a puff of white smoke in the morning it may be a bad speed sensitive steering solenoid, which screws into the power steering pump and has a vacuum line ...
1994 Lexus LS400 Questions
Replaced all pads and rotors, peddle goes to floor. Will pump up and once I use it once or twice, will go back down to floor
After putting the alternator on it ran better than before. But wouldn't keep charge the next day. And that same day when I would push the brake or gas my radio would cut out not shut off though.