2011 Lexus IS350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2011 Lexus IS350
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2011 Lexus IS350 Recalls
Many modern engines use a computer controlled mechanical system known as Variable-Valve Timing (VVT) to adjust engine valve timing based on operating conditions. Vehicles equipped with a V-6 engine and VVT are being recalled because bolts securing components of the VVT system could become loose due to normal impacts generated immediately after starting the engine when cold. The loose bolts could cause the VVT gear housing and sprocket to separate. This would cause the engine to stop while the vehicle is being driven, increasing the risk of a crash. Lexus dealers will replace the VVT unit on affected engines to correct this concern.
The nuts that secure the windshield wiper arms may not have been tightened to the correct specification during vehicle assembly and as a result, if the wipers are restricted by an external load such as a build up of snow, one or both or the wipers may become inoperative. Inoperative wipers could reduce driver visibility and increase the risk of a vehicle crash. Lexus dealers will install new wiper arm nuts to correct this concern.