1998 Lexus GS400 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Lexus GS400
- getting mis fire codes on the whole bank of a 98gs400 lexus
- my car wont start all I get is one click after more trys it starts new starter?
- how will know if i need my timing chain replaced.i replaced the coil packs.
- when I press the breaks the transmission will not disengage to go in drive, why
- what system does fuel tank have to operate fuel gauge on dash, i fuel pump part
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Lexus GS400 Problems
A creaking type noise may develop from the front suspension when driving over uneven road surfaces. Our technicians recommend inspection of the front sway bar bushings for deterioration and related hardware for correct tightness.
Sludge can build up in the engine because Lexus did not recommend frequent enough oil changes. Lexus will sometimes offer a discount on cleaning the engine if necessary. Owners who changed their oil every 3,000 miles did not experience these problems. This sludge build up can lead to excessive oil consumption.
1998 Lexus GS400 Questions
brand new battier alternator checked still missing.runs pretty rough my VSC button is on could that be the problem
how often does that need changing
where is the #1 spark
1998 Lexus GS400 Recalls
1998 Lexus GS400 Reviews
I am a sales associate at a pre-owned car dealership that sells all makes & models. I am extremely happy with my 1998 gs400, it has 150k mls. now & engine purrs like a kitten, or I can also make it sound like a tiger depending how I'm driving. Very good gas milage for a V8, I am convinced it's simply one of the very best cars ever made & it still looks better than most new sport sedans made today.
My GS400 now has 128K miles & it still looks fantastic & runs like a scared rabbit! Still getting 20-25MPG from 300HP motor is the best. I just upgraded the tail lights w LED lights & it looks like a 2012 model. I also upgraded to slotted rotors & now run ceramic brake pads & this car stops w the best. Make sure you change the timing belt/water pump each 100K & the GS 400 can easily go 300-4...
I have 140,000 miles on my 1998 GS 400 and have experienced almost zero problems. The digital display on my radio has now disappeared and it seems to eat through Z rated tires fairly quickly. I keep wanting to look at a new car but this one has been great. Happy and scared that I may get 250,000 miles out of this one.