2008 Lexus GS350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Lexus GS350
- My fog light assembly has been knocked out of the socket. How do I re-attach it?
- Girlfriends Lexus started omitting an oil smell and a tapping noise from engine?
- Do a Lexus 2008 GS350 have a timing belt? If so how much to replace at the 100,
- valve stem cap has corroded and become stuck tot he valve stem on my lexus.
- How do I change my transmission fluid and filter
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2008 Lexus GS350 Problems
The inside rear view mirror may become discolored or difficult to see clearly from. A revised mirror is available to correct this concern.
A brief rattle or knocking noise may be noted on initial start up. Our technicians tell us if the noise is determined to be coming from the timing chain area, there are updated variable timing gears available to correct this issue.
2008 Lexus GS350 Questions
There seems to be no damage to the brackets that hold the fog light. From what I understand, you access the fog light by accessing the light from the guard in front of the wheel. Is it as simple as getting nails and screwing the light back into place? If so, where do I get these nails? Affirmatio...
I dont see any oil leaks coming from motor and its not low on oil.
100,000 service level,.
2008 Lexus GS350 Recalls
Many modern engines use a computer controlled mechanical system known as Variable-Valve Timing (VVT) to adjust engine valve timing based on operating conditions. Vehicles equipped with a V-6 engine and VVT are being recalled because bolts securing components of the VVT system could become loose due to normal impacts generated immediately after starting the engine when cold. The loose bolts could cause the VVT gear housing and sprocket to separate. This would cause the engine to stop while the vehicle is being driven, increasing the risk of a crash. Lexus dealers will replace the VVT unit on affected engines to correct this concern.
Toyota is recalling 2000–2008 Lexus models due to micro-foreign objects in the valve spring that can cause it to break. This could cause the engine to fail suddenly, while the vehicle is in motion, increasing the risk of a crash. Toyota will notify owners and dealers will repair the vehicles free of charge.
2008 Lexus GS350 Reviews
The "visitor" above needs to find an independent repair shop he can trust. My wife has a 2008 GS-350 Lexus SUV. Repairs as basic as an oil change or a brake job will cost you two-three times as much at any Lexus dealer, plus they will likely find other "things" that need to be fixed for even more money. Lexus, BMW, Mercedes... the dealer repairs are all rip offs. They figure if you can a...
Why my Lexus dealer cost me 973.00 for a 90000 maintainace repair regular work? Is there a timing belt on a GS 350 Lexus that must be replace? Where is it? Why is the cost so great on repairs for my GS350 2008? It seems only at the Lexus Dealership? Someone please Help!