2001 Lexus GS300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Lexus GS300
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 Lexus GS300 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an O2 sensor heater fault. Most commonly the affected O2 sensor will need to be replaced to correct this concern.
Sludge can build up in the engine because Lexus did not recommend frequent enough oil changes. Lexus will sometimes offer a discount on cleaning the engine if necessary. Owners who changed their oil every 3,000 miles did not experience these problems. This sludge build up can lead to excessive oil consumption.
Harsh shifting of the automatic transmission between 2nd and 3rd gears may be noted. Our technicians tell us this can often be corrected by updating the software in the transmission control module (TCM).
2001 Lexus GS300 Questions
Guys Please help me. This thing embarrasses me all the time while I race with my friends. My car responds late to the gear. It doesn't change on gears on time. First I thought that it's a problem with the make but no I raced with a friend who has the same car and his car's is better r...
i cant get it lose
Car feels like its going to shut down when first accelerating. Feels like its not getting enough gas. This all started right after changing the air filter.