2001 Lexus GS300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Lexus GS300
- How what where when? Check engine light is on as well as VSC and VSC off
- my speedometer is not working what part do I need.
- How do I determine if it is the EVR and PVr valve on my lexus
- I have heat on the drivers side but not the passenger side it runs cold and the
- I LOST MY ONLY KEY TO MY CAR AND IT HAS A TRANSPONDER CHIP , WHAT IS THE
2001 Lexus GS300 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an O2 sensor heater fault. Most commonly the affected O2 sensor will need to be replaced to correct this concern.
Sludge can build up in the engine because Lexus did not recommend frequent enough oil changes. Lexus will sometimes offer a discount on cleaning the engine if necessary. Owners who changed their oil every 3,000 miles did not experience these problems. This sludge build up can lead to excessive oil consumption.
Harsh shifting of the automatic transmission between 2nd and 3rd gears may be noted. Our technicians tell us this can often be corrected by updating the software in the transmission control module (TCM).
2001 Lexus GS300 Questions
When accelerating the car hesitates feels like cars bout to shut off