1998 Lexus GS300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Lexus GS300
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Lexus GS300 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an O2 sensor heater fault. Most commonly the affected O2 sensor will need to be replaced to correct this concern.
I noticed the noise level has increased significantly while adjusting seating/driving position. Also the steering occasionally became heavy while making turns.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an EVAP system fault. These faults are commonly EVAP canister or gas cap related. Our technicians recommend diagnosing the stored fault codes before replacing any components.
1998 Lexus GS300 Questions
My car goes constantly up and down like this when i accelerate, as if it is changing gears back and forth.. what coulld be wrong?
Called shop they wanted near $500 to replace the sensor. Went to local repair shop, he disconnected battery got me a new gas cap and advised to make sure you place cap on secure (like turning well past it starts clicking). Went about nine months light came on again, disconnected battery, turned ...
1998 Lexus GS300 Recalls
1998 Lexus GS300 Reviews
I own a 1998 Lexus GS300 and I absolutely love my car. I bought it from the original owner and this will be my second GS300. The car has 89K miles on it and I just recently replaced the timimg belt, water pump, front and rear engine seals, both front lower ball joints, valve cover gasket and spark plugs at Lexus of Palm Beach just to name a few and this car can go for another 80K miles withou...
Hello. I love this car and so do many people that see me get out. It is completely custom and fully loaded. I got lucky. I brought the car with 199 thousand miles for 3000 dollars. I put 1000 dollars into it. It runs excellent. People think it is a 2004-2006 when it is freshly washed. I have a 1998 GS 400 body, but the engine has been changed to a 300 style. I just replaced the oil pump, ...
I purchased this car about 6 months ago. I love this car. I have a '92 sc400, as well. I am currently looking for a GS400.