2006 Lexus ES330 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Lexus ES330
- EGR came up with a code check at a car garage. Brought in/check engine lite on.
- What is the price range for replacing an alternator?
- Lost my headlights the other night, put brights on they also didn't work.
- Water pooling up under front passenger seat and rear foot carpet area. Stopped using AC and no more water is pooling up. ideas and costs would be appreciated.
- I just did oil change.The light, Maint Requird just came up.What is the cause?
2006 Lexus ES330 Problems
A vibration may be noted in the brake pedal or steering wheel when the brakes are applied. This is commonly caused by warped front brake rotors. The affected rotors must be re-machined or replaced to correct this concern.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an O2 sensor heater fault. Most commonly the affected O2 sensor will need to be replaced to correct this concern.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate with codes P0171 and/or P0174 due to a lean running engine. Symptoms may include: Hesitation on acceleration, lack of power, and poor fuel mileage. This is commonly caused by a dirty mass airflow sensor. Our technicians tell us the sensor may be cleaned using an approved cleaner but replacement is often required to correct this issue.
2006 Lexus ES330 Questions
The garage wants 100 to further diagnose it. Then another 295 to replace the valve and then another 300--400 to replace the ports if still not working properly.
Seems very spendy and I am retired.
2006 Lexus ES330 Reviews
I have had my 2006 ES 330 for five years now. It has been a great car! It is up to 92,000 miles now. I have had the regular suggested maintenance on it done at the Lexus dealer to keep it in good condition. The trunk is big enough for two suitcases and two sets of golf clubs for weekend trips. The heater is good but you have to set it on a higher temperature, i.e . 80+ degrees, to get warm...