2000 Lexus ES300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Lexus ES300
- How many miles should one expect from a 2000 ES 300 Lexus in excellent shape?
- while driving the engine light came on and the trac off light came on I did a tu
- Does anyone know what would make a almost jingling type noise in the front end?
- Where is the cabin air filter and how do you change it
- where is the vvt oil control valve located on 2000 lexus es300
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Lexus ES300 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because a component of the oxygen sensor stops working. As a result the engine computer is unable to determine the proper ratio of air to fuel for the engine. Replacing the failed oxygen sensor should correct this concern.
On higher mileage vehicles, an engine misfire may develop and/or the Check Engine Light may illuminate due to a failed ignition coil. It is not uncommon to replace all the coils when the first one fails in order to prevent return trips to the repair shop.
2000 Lexus ES300 Questions
All recommended repairs are done, new tires, brakes, rotors, alignment, and other nits.
a tune up lights went off but drove it and lights came back on
I am suspecting maybe the struts are worn out. It happens when riding over rough road, or coming down over a speed hump.
2000 Lexus ES300 Reviews
I bought this care "new" as a dealer demonstrator towards the end of the 2001 year. Got a great deal and continue to be very pleased with the car after 11 years of ownership. At 50K (end of the full warranty) did a full inspection to be sure to fix everything that needed to be fixed; long story short, skipped the visit...nothing had been needed up to that point. As of now, nothing beyond sta...
I have a 2000 Lexus ES300. My dad handed it down to me as a graduation gift and i've had this car for 3 yrs now and boy this thing runs AMAZING and has never been in the shop except regular maintaince like timing belt, etc. It currently has 108k on it and still has a lot of life in it! Lexus 4LIFE!
This is a solid and dependable car whose quality is obvious when one drives or rides in it. That said, the transmission could be more responsive in downshifting under load. It develped a rattle in the front right years ago that the dealer, Longo, was unable to find after a week of searching. The brakes have made a popping sound in the rear at low speeds under braking and I don't know if it w...