2000 Lexus ES300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Lexus ES300
- My check engine light and trac off light are on
- trac off light on; what does that mean?
- my car seems to be losing steering fluid especially lately have to add more
- While driving have to put gas pedal to floor to keep it moving. Thumps&bumps
- My lexus would start but will turn off when apply gas. Any ideas please?
2000 Lexus ES300 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because a component of the oxygen sensor stops working. As a result the engine computer is unable to determine the proper ratio of air to fuel for the engine. Replacing the failed oxygen sensor should correct this concern.
On higher mileage vehicles, an engine misfire may develop and/or the Check Engine Light may illuminate due to a failed ignition coil. It is not uncommon to replace all the coils when the first one fails in order to prevent return trips to the repair shop.
2000 Lexus ES300 Questions
1. When the car sits for hours at a time idling (cause of my work)the radio will cut out and then the battery is almost dead. I shut the car off and try to restart the car but the battery is dead. After jump starting the car i take my 40 minute ride home and the battery is now charged. no problem...
2000 Lexus ES300 Reviews
I bought this care "new" as a dealer demonstrator towards the end of the 2001 year. Got a great deal and continue to be very pleased with the car after 11 years of ownership. At 50K (end of the full warranty) did a full inspection to be sure to fix everything that needed to be fixed; long story short, skipped the visit...nothing had been needed up to that point. As of now, nothing beyond sta...
I have a 2000 Lexus ES300. My dad handed it down to me as a graduation gift and i've had this car for 3 yrs now and boy this thing runs AMAZING and has never been in the shop except regular maintaince like timing belt, etc. It currently has 108k on it and still has a lot of life in it! Lexus 4LIFE!
This is a solid and dependable car whose quality is obvious when one drives or rides in it. That said, the transmission could be more responsive in downshifting under load. It develped a rattle in the front right years ago that the dealer, Longo, was unable to find after a week of searching. The brakes have made a popping sound in the rear at low speeds under braking and I don't know if it w...