1998 Lexus ES300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Lexus ES300
- Why don't i have any electronics working,after i changed my battery.
- labor charges to change Power steering fluid pump
- The power steering fluid pump is leaking. How much should I pay for the labor ?
- Is it worth repairing my 1998 ES300? I need a transmission,ECM & wiring harness
- i'm getting random misfire codes and a high long term fuel trim reading bank 1
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Lexus ES300 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because a component of the oxygen sensor stops working. As a result the engine computer is unable to determine the proper ratio of air to fuel for the engine. Replacing the failed oxygen sensor should correct this concern.
On higher mileage vehicles, an engine misfire may develop and/or the Check Engine Light may illuminate due to a failed ignition coil. It is not uncommon to replace all the coils when the first one fails in order to prevent return trips to the repair shop.
1998 Lexus ES300 Questions
I changed the battery, the alarm went off, i used the key in the door as described in a website to disarm the alarm. The car will run, but i have no radio, electric locks,or windows. The car will not go into gear either. Did i blow a fuse someplace when i put the battery in. I did get a spark w...
How much should I pay to change power steering fluid pump?
I see some puddle of oil under the car.
1998 Lexus ES300 Recalls
1998 Lexus ES300 Reviews
1998 Lexus ES300 I bought the ES300 new in 1998 with 22 miles on it when it left the showroom. It now has 479,800 miles on it. The transmission was replaced at 370,000 miles with a used one. The car has been excellent, even after a head-on collision about 6 years ago. It always starts and runs smooth. Just did a long weekend from Baltimore to Myrtle Beach, and never worry about whether it will...
I purchased my 1998 Lexus ES 300 about three months ago, with about 223,000 miles. Now it has 230k. I have replaced the valve cover gaskets, which were leaking oil, had the struts replaced, which were original and worn out, andhave fixed a coolant leak that was difficult to reach; recently the air conditioner gave out, due to what seems to be a leak, and I will be having it repaired. Although ...
I love my 1998 Lexus, if I ever have to replace it, I would go for a newer model but stay with Lexus